Tuesday 11 September 2012

Santhilea Magnetic Lash

I’ve never been a fan of false eyelashes.

 Not because they don’t look great, but because I find myself almost completely incompatible with them.

 I can never get them to stick in the right place, the glue ends up all over my eye lid and not on my lash line and I end up picking them off in sheer annoyance within a matter of minutes.

 For that reason I’m always on the look out for alternatives to false lashes, so that even cack-handed people like me can have gorgeous peepers.

 
 It’s for this reason that Santhilea’s Magnetic Mascara 1-2-1 Lash Extension System caught my eye. 
 
Marketed as an alternative to false lashes and extensions, the product is designed to give you full impact, glamorous and long lashes that won’t let you down by smudging or clumping.
  

I couldn’t wait to try it out.

The packaging was not especially inspiring but i did like the almost futuristic looking silver gleam.

Unfortunately this is where my approval of the product ended.

(Make up free) 

 Designed to work in the same way as Model Co Fibre Lash Mascara, the mascara is first applied to your lashes.



 (This is step 1)

Next, you apply their Lash Builder, which is essentially hundreds of tiny fibres which attach to the mascara, building the thickness and in theory, length to your lashes.


 
  (Step 2)

Finally reapply the mascara to sooth and seal the fibres. 

 (Step 1 again, hence the 1-2- 1 system)

Sounds great in theory, in practice I was left with short, stubby and hugely clumped lashes.

Granted this was only my first attempt, but I simply don’t have the patience (or time) for practice, and in any event, after several tries they failed to look much better than this anyway.

At £24.99 this is not a cheap mascara and I was hoping for far better results for my money.

Alas, I fear I can now also add Magnetic Mascara & Fibre’s to my ‘cannot use’ list if products! 


What do you think? Have you tried this before? 

Do you love this alternative to false lashes?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I tried a product like this (can't remember the brand unfortunately) and I hated it too!

    Aside from all that clumping and overall horrible finish, those little fibres end up all over your cheeks and under your eyes if you don't cover them up first with a tissue or something and they're so difficult to remove!

    http://dolcellita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that some products work for some and not for others and this might be the case. I will have to disagree with your review I'm afraid.
    I bought this product and I'm very happy with it. The mascara itself is actually extremely good even if you use it on it's own.
    I know it might take time and practice to get used to it but I find that for better results you should comb your lashes after each step even when you apply the fibres. If you do that then you really get the false lash effect result.
    Also judging from your photo I think you put too many fibres on your lashes. You just need a tiny amount to get a great effect.
    Of course reviews are just opinions but I do think you should give it another go with my tips and you will get better results.
    X

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig