Friday 10 June 2011

Back to Beauty Basics



With the thousands of beauty products available to us these days it is easy to be sucked in to buying these beautifully, glossy packaged, celebrity endorsed, mass advertised items. Lets face it, every week, be it in magazines or newspapers there is always that article about the new miracle anti-wrinkle cream or the new fantastic all singing all dancing lotion which has just been discovered by scientists and made from a rare type of algae only found in one particular lake, hidden deep in the middle of the Amazonian jungle which can only be accessed by a canoe! Or something like that.

When faced with such exotic and fantastic looking (and sounding) products, it is easy to forget about the basic beauty essentials. The ones that you pay little attention to as they don’t catch your eye in the supermarket. The ones that aren’t beautifully and expensively marketed. And yet in reality, it is these products that deserve out attention and admiration!

Take the humble Vaseline for example. This product can be used on babies dry skin, on your sore chapped lips, to smooth stray hairs, or to add a touch of shimmery gloss to your eyelids on a night out. I even use it to remove my eye make up as it leaves my lashes so well conditioned.

I believe that it is without a doubt, one of the most versatile, reasonably priced and yet most under-valued products on the market.

It seems that I am not alone in my appreciation for the basic, staple products either. Earlier this week Cheryl Cole revealed that a pot of £2 E45 cream is her moisturiser of choice. Cheryl told a magazine ‘My skin can get very dry so I use E45 moisturiser. You don’t have to use mega-expensive products, you just need to find the right products for your skin type.’

She is right- I have used E45 cream for as long as I can remember- and no its not fancy, no the packaging isn’t all that, but it is a truly great product that works and doesn’t cost the earth!

All hail the humble Vaseline and E45 Cream. Long may you prosper!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig